The Tsuchimikado Clan (土御門一族 Tsuchimikado Ichizoku?) are the descendants of the famous Onmyouji Abe no Seimei, and are subsequently a major family in Japan when it comes to Onmyoudou. In the last 100 years, the most famous or infamous figure from this family was Yakou Tsuchimikado, who created the Imperial Onmyoudou system, from which his followers eventually developed the Modern Magic system used by current onmyouji, referred to as Common Style or General Onmyoudou. However, the failure of the Taizan Fukun Ritual led to Japan becoming a site plagued by spiritual disasters and left the family either reviled or revered by others.
The decline of the Tsuchimikado could even be traced further back to the Tokugawa Shogunate, when a large part of the actual Onmyoudou-related power was shifted to the Kurahashi and Wakasugi branch families, and though Tsuchimikado was the main family, it was reduced to an empty shell.
The family itself is divided into a Main and Branch Family, with the tradition being that members of the branch family become shikigami to those of the main family. The family's guardian is the dragon, Hokuto.
Current Family Members Edit
Main Branch Edit
- Yasuzumi Tsuchimikado (Head)
- Yuuko Tsuchimikado (Formerly Wakasugi)
- Natsume Tsuchimikado (Adopted Daughter)
- Harutora Tsuchimikado
Side Branch Edit
- Takahiro Tsuchimikado (Branch Family)
- Chizuru Tsuchimikado (Branch Family)
- Harutora Tsuchimikado (Adopted Son)
- The Wakasugi Clan and Kurahashi Clan are also branch families of the Tsuchimikado Clan.